NPD (Warm Weather) Calendar of Events
Please check the Facebook page for additional events and updates.
Calendar of Events 2018
June 9, 2018 Paws N Claws Round Valley, NJ
Water Training Schedule Round Valley, NJ
May 26 June 3, 9, 16, 24 July 1, 7, 15, 21, 28 August 4, 11, 18 September 1
Water Training Schedule Blue Marsh, PA Sat. June 16 Sat June 23 Sun July 1 Sun July 15 Sat July 21 Sun July 29 Sat Aug 4t
Water Test (WD, WRD, WRDX) Approved by the NCA Beltzville State Park Lehighton, PA September 14- 16, 2018
Water Test Premium Available
Fall Fest and Annual Meeting October 13, 2018 Site TBD
October 27-28. 2018 Draft Test Brubaker Park Brecknock Township Lancaster County, PA
NPD Safety Policy
The New-Pen-Del Board of Directors has established the following safety policy to be in effect for all club events:
- All dogs must be on leash at all times.
- Leashes must be no longer than six feet and may not be retractable.
- When on leash, dogs must be under control at all times.
- Dogs displaying uncontrolled or aggressive behavior may be asked to leave the event by the chairperson or any club officer.
- A current rabies certificate must be furnished upon request of the event chairperson.
- Failure to comply with the above may result in disciplinary action.
There will be occasions when the event chairperson will permit dogs to be off-leash or on a retractable leash.
Effective: October 2001
* In addition to NPD’s Water Training at Blue Marsh Lake, Colonial Newfoundland Club is offering water training opportunities to NPD members.
Please see the websites listed below for detailed information.
NPD members wishing to participate at the following Colonial Newfoundland Club Open Swim Dates need to: Contact Dwight at email@example.com if they plan to attend a practice session. While CNC reserves Codorus for both Saturday and Sunday, they typically train on just one of those days. Dwight will coordinate those who are training so they all arrive on the same day.
A CNC member MUST to be present at each session since CNC is the club listed on all the permission paperwork at Codorus.
Only CNC or NPD (as another regional club) should attend—no non CNC or NPD members—insurance related.
NPD member should understand these are not formal instruction sessions. All work together to train, steward for each other and resolve problems but we’re primarily working our own dogs—there is no “instructor.”
CNC typically has just one small boat so another boat that could be brought to the practice by NPD members would help out.